Disclaimer * Note Legali

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Question: do you line your lips?

There was a time when I was a bigtime lipgloss girl.
At that time, lipstick - along with concealer - was the only item in my make-up bag that didn't get much love.

Over the past year and a half, two things changed my way: a. my boyfriend; b. blogging.
My boyfriend literally hates lipgloss. As he's one of those cuddly and loving man, he kisses me a lot and he can't stand the stickiness of lipglosses. I can sense that, when he tries to kiss me, but detects a gloss, he changes his route and reaches for my cheeks.
Blogging has also changed me, as I have discovered so many new lipsticks, those that do not feel drying on the lips, and so many wonderful shades to play with.

Now that I am a big lipstick lover, I discovered something about myself:
My teeth are not straight (there was a time when they were, but my ex dentist has ruined me, but that's another story), and that results in my lips being completely asymetric.
As I love me a red, plum, or black cherry lipstick, this is a big problem to me.
And this is how I turned to lip liners. Where have they been all of my life?
What was I thinking when I didn't use to line my lips?

Lining your lips does really help in getting the right shape, and also, it helps the lipstick last more.

What is your take on that?

3 comments:

  1. well, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.. I'm not a big fan of lip liner even when I wear a dark lipstick.. also because I like the not-too-defined effect on my lips (even if must admit lip liner are useful to make the lipsticks last more, as you said).
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lipliners are one the best alternatives to lipstick as they're long lasting and they don't smudge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I have pretty messed up teeth and it doesn't effect my lipshape at all.
    I prefer liner over lipstick as i somehow feel it is more hygenic. However, I rarely wear liner under lipsticks.
    I normally pair it with glosses that are more on the runny side.

    ReplyDelete