Disclaimer * Note Legali

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

40 skincare and beauty questions

Although I haven't officially being tagged to do this, I read Daisy's and thought I'd do this too. It will probably make me sleepy while doing it, which is exactly what I want now...LOL

How many times do you wash your face daily?
Twice daily - but when I don't wear make-up during the day, just once!

What skin type do you have?
Dry to combination

What is your current facial wash?
Vichy Normaderm - it's great, but it's way too expensive here...

Do you exfoliate?
Yes, I do, but not as much as I should. I use L'Erbolario's Gommage au bois de Panama. Love it!!!

What brand do you use?
Again, L'Erbolario (Italian phytocosmetics brand. Their products are all natural, and they're lovely!)

What moisturizer do you use?
Vichy Normaderm.

Do you have freckles?
Nope

Do you use eye cream?
I usually forget it, but when I'm trying to get better. I use the Anatomicals eye cream...it's the only one I've ever tried to be honest. I hadn't had dark circles until last summer :S

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Unfortunately for me, I did! And no, not at 14. At 21. It was awful: my hormones were all messed up, and I started getting spots and crazy red and white pimples all over my cheeks, near my mouth. I really hated looking at my face in the mirror. I tried anything, and the only thing that helped me is...birth-control pills!

Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
Yup. By the time I had my acne stage, I was about to leave for Canada, so while I was there, I tried every sort of product they had there to fight it. I also used Pro-activ and it has done NOTHING on my skin. If acne is purely hormonal, there is nothing you can do for your skin but fix those hormones.

Make-Up

What foundation do you use?
Diorskin nude!

How about concealer?
I'm kind of new to concealers, so...Rimmel's Hide the Blemish (for under the eyes) and sometimes the Avène one for occasional spots (it's a big pencil with one green end and one beige end), although the latter is light-reflectant, therefore I don't really use it when I know I'm taking pictures.

Do you know your undertone colour?
I'm not sure if it is neutral or yellow. Definitely not pink!!!

What do you think of false eyelashes?
I think I should learn how to apply them. I have to cut them into halves (is halves the plural of half? Language problem here!) in order to apply them successfully.

Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes, but what are rules without transgressors? LOL I use them until I feel they're drying out too much - rules are always made by companies who are just eager for more money. I do what I want.

What brand of mascara do you use?
Rimmel Sexy Curves and Max Factor False Lash Effect. Although I've used lots of mascaras, and I'm an expert now eheh

Sephora or MAC?
uuuhm, how can I tell, when I live on an island which is 1 hr's flight away from the places that have both Sephora and MAC? Never been to either of them.

Do you have a MAC pro-card?
...what do you think?

What make-up tools do you use in make up application?
my Sigma brushes!

Do you use make up base/primer for the eyes?
Most of the time, I have 2 primers from e.l.f. (normal and studio) and UDPP...and I like the normal e.l.f. one better than any other!

For the face?
Nope - tried the e.l.f. Mineral Infused one and it didn't work for me

What is your favourite eyeshadow (colour or shade)?
aaaah, too many! Browns, neutrals and taupe colors are my fave though

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
Depends on what I do. I use gel liners or Eyeko Graffiti liner for my lid, but I always use pencil for my waterline!

How often do you poke your eyes with a pencil eyeliner?
Never. However, I do that with mascara sometimes.

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I like them, but they require some time for a nice application.

Do you use mineral make-up?
I use Lumiere foundations and blushers sometimes. Do Sleek palettes count as mineral? They are mineral BASED...

What is your favourite lipstick?
MAC's Creme d'Nude- got it in my recent swap with Saratu and I just LOOOOVE it. Even more then Gosh Darling, sorry!

How about lipgloss?
I'd say it's a Dior one - it's a bright magenta red. However, I don't wear it very often because it leaks, so putting it into my purse it's a no-no (all Dior lipglosses do, just for the record)

What is your favourite blush to use?
Sleek Flamingo, and Bourjois Cendre de Rose Brune, and the MEMEME cheek tints

Do you buy your makeup on Ebay?
Nope

Do you like drugstore makeup?
I love it! I'm not a make-up snob, I love different products from different brands, and for different price tags

Do you go to CCO's (cosmetic company outlets)?
Never been there. No CCO's in Italy. No cheap make-up either.

Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
I would consider that in the future, but I must stay focused on my academic career now.

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Not until I have to put mascara on. Smudges anyone? (217 is great for hiding mascara smudges and make them fade away!)

Name a makeup crime that you hate
Excess of any kind is bad. Orange skin is horrible, drag make-up to go to the students cafeteria is hideous, and I hate, hate, hate, when people line their lips just outside them, or when they draw their brows unnaturally.

Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I wear colorful eyeshadows, but I do not overdo with it. I like bright reds and magenta lipsticks. I love them, however, my boyfriend does not, so I wear them rarely.

Which celebrity always has great make up?
Jennifer Lopez, Hillary Duff, Hayden Panettiere. I love smokey eyes LOL

If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item, what would you use?
A tonne of mascara! -quote-

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Of course I could. In fact, I do it often. 3 days a week I go to the gym with no makeup on. Sometimes I leave the house just to go to my bf's to spend the night, so I don't bother.

Do you think you look good without any make up on?
I look better with makeup, or so I think. However, I know I look younger with no makeup on. People ask me if I'm 21 at the gym!

In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
I don't have one.

What do you think of make up?
It's the greatest way to enhance or change your features, because you can wash it away and always be your true self!
It's fun, can be colorful, and a way to express your mood or personality. It's the little bit of art in each one of us!

1 comment: