Disclaimer * Note Legali

Monday, March 22, 2010

Eyeko products review

Some of you may know that a while ago, I have placed my first order on Eyeko. I won't dwell on the many vicissitudes I went through while waiting for my order to arrive, as the majority may already know of what is now referred to as "Eyeko-gate". Fortunately, from the records I read on their facebook page, they have improved their customer service now, so all my misfortunes weren't for nothing.

As you can see on my picture, I have got the 3-in-1 cream, touch up and glow hightlighter, the infamous vintage polish, graffiti eyeliner pen, and as free gifts I have got a strawberry fat balm and their glitter liner.

On to the reviews:

Strawberry Fat Balm: this is not as moisturizing as any other lipbalms (as my labello, for instance), however it gives your lips the most natural flush of color ever, and I do love it! And its smell too! I have used this several times on my cheeks when I was in a hurry, and again, it provides a natural flush of color, which I personally love. You can achieve that "no-make-up" make-up look!
I do recommend, especially if you love strawberries.

Touch up and glow hightlighter: before getting this, I thought that the fluid inside was the same as their cream. Little did I know about it, I was wrong. This is actually an extremely shimmery hightlighter, and its shimmer particles are more on the silver side, whereas the particles in the cream are more on the golden side (more about this later). As I am not a fan of glittery shimmers on my cheek bones, I didn't really like it, but that is up to your personal taste. The quality of the product in the pen is actually good, so....it all boils down to tastes.
You will need to screw the bottom of the pen a few times at first usage, but make sure you leave at least one or two seconds before screwing again. You don't want tonnes of products to come out all at once, do you?

Eyeko 3-in-1 cream: When I first received this, I was a little skeptical, as I thought it would have been more evident on my skin. That was based on pictures of eyeko ambassadors etc. However, as days went by, I started to use this cream everytime I put on some makeup. I use it as a highlighter on my cheek bones, and even if it is not the most shimmery and visible highligher, it does provide some kind of "imperceptible" glow. By that, I mean that your eyes will perceive a glow, without actually seeing it because it blends into the skin and foundation really well.
Many of you have been asking about my complexion recently, and I will tell you: I hate my skin! I think my pores are too visible on the apples of my cheeks, and those open pores give me redness and uneven tone around my face. Sure, what you see is a combination of good camera and Diorskin Nude foundation, but also, I have used the Eyeko 3-in-1 cream in all of the pictures you commented on. Talk about that "glow"...
I highly recommend this!

Eyeko Glitter Liner: well, not much to say, it's a silver glitter liner. However, if you love wearing glitters (it looks lovely for a clubbing look) you may love this liner as well. The glitters are big, so when you draw your line, they will appear visibly on your skin. If you let it dry a little, and then draw a second line on it, you'll have a thick full glitter line, which most of the other glitter liners fail to create! you can either dab a little on your finger and dab it around for a softer look (as soft as glitters go).

Eyeko Vintage polish: I can't have enough of it! I love this color! It's pretty, fresh, and reminds me of spring! You'll ahve to give it 2 or 3 strokes to get the exact color of the bottle, and it is one of those polishes that will peel rather than chip. I put my topcoat on it, and it stays a week!

Graffiti liner pen in black: here is another great product from this brand! The applicator is not too think, but it's dense and hard enough to let you draw both a thick or a thin line, whichever your preference is. I love this.
I've seen many reviews, and videos on youtube about this, saying that the tip was dry, so people couldn't use it. It's a shame. One of mine was almost dry at first usage as well. I had to open it and manage the ink. The other one is fine, though. I really think they should check their stock more carefully, or sealing them somehow, because it's too good a product to be wasted!
I do recommend this!

Overall, I do recommend Eyeko products, they have free shipping all over the UK and Europe, or a Signed For option (the latter is now mandatory for countries outside UK and EU I think).
Also, if you want to receive a free gift with every order, simply add my Ambassador code, which you will find at the left-hand sidebar of my blog.

Much love,
Lyd

PS: I TOOK MY LAST, MUCH AWATED AND STRESSFUL EXAM TODAY. NO MORE EXAMS FOR ME! ONLY MY FINAL THESIS! YAYYYYYYYYYYYY

I love it!!!

5 comments:

  1. congrat on finishing your exams darling!!! thats awesome :)

    the nail polish looks gorgeous. might get it since i have a barry m colour similar to that, but is really streaky and horrible to apply

    by the way kept meaning to say i love your new blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you about 3 in 1 cream,it's a gorgeous product that you can use as an eye-base too,as my friend berlandina says in her youtube chan.
    well done Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. I think they have free shipping worldwide. But anyway, this review makes me wanna try out their products more than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful review! I have never tried anything from Eyeko, though...
    Congrats on the end of your exams. I am sure everything will go perfectly.

    Gracias por tu comentario,
    Cuando quieras practicar español, ya sabes :)Besos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha... I actually tried to order today, but I saw the £3.50 shipping cost... I hate paying for shipping. But that's kind of hypocritical, cuz I just paid for $13.50 USD when I order from Sleek lol. But I do wanna try out the Eyeko 3 in 1 Cream, maybe I'll see what other things I want on Eyeko.

    ReplyDelete