Disclaimer * Note Legali

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lumiere Cosmetics: review

Hello everyone,

as some of you may already know, lovely Sarah at Lumiere Cosmetics sent me some samples of foundations, blush, and eyeshadows, along with a mini lipgloss (I love the name, it's called "Oh baby!").

The following picture displays my take on these pretty little things (sorry, it's the only good close shot I could get with my camera. Again, with 45°C I'm only wearing makeup at night time, and the lights in my house clash with the flash of my camera):

Products used:
Lumiere Eye pigments in Foliage and Champagne
Deborah Glitter Liner in Purple with golden glitters
Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara
Lumiere Cashmere Foundation in Medium Deep Golden
Lumiere Blushing Bronzer in Indian Red
Lumiere lipgloss in Oh Baby!



Lumiere Eye Pigments:

what they say:
Lumiere eye pigments come in a wonderful variety of shades and textures to complement any eye color and/or preference.
Wear each shade alone or mix and match to create a custom color. They can be applied dry for a subtle look or wet/foiled
to make a more dramatic appearance - this will also give you longer wear. Can be worn with or without an eye primer.

what I think of them:

The pigments are finely milled and it is easy to blend. The colors I've been sent are very very cute and suitable for my eyes. Champagne is a very light beige shade, and foliage appears to be like a dark green with golden pigments in the pot, but it is really light and more on the golden side. It is true, that when you wear them wet they create a more dramatic effect. Overall, I find them very cute (especially when they have so many colors), but the only downside is, that if you don't wear a good eye primer, they crease in a short span of time. That's a pity, because the colors are very cute, and all wearable, and they're very rich in pigmentation.


Lumiere Cashmere Foundation:

what they say
:

Skin type = all skin types

Coverage - buildable light to medium

Finish = mostly matte, has a soft silkiness

Ingredients = real silk powder, serecite (colorless mica), titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, boron nitride, iron oxides

What I think of it:

Aaah, little did I know about mineral make-up....I am very impressed with the Cashmere foundation. The shade is perfect for my skin. The finish is indeed matt, but it does not give you that "mask look", as it has a very buildable coverage. I didn't think a loose powder foundation could be such a good product, especially because I have normal to combination skin. I definitely recommend this product.

I'm sorry if you can't really see that in the picture, but I had a little sun burnt that day.


Lumiere Blushing Bronzer:

what they say:

Indian Red is a stunning deeper pigmented red with a muted brown undertone. I would compare it to our hibiscus but deeper with a slight sheen.
Ideal for Light Medium to Deep skin.

What I think of it
:
The color is indeed stunning! I love it. It is buildable, easily blendable, and great for contouring.
So far, the foundation and the blushing bronzer is what I love the most.

Lumiere Lipgloss:

The shade I've been sent is called "Oh baby!" and it is a delicate pink with a gold sheen and shimmer. I'm impressed with the color pay off. You only need very little to have a full color on your lips. It is soft, leaves your lips hydrated, and what I love the most is that it is not sticky at all!


You should all visit their site, here. Order your samples for a very little price, and test them yourself: you won't be disappointed!
The prices are very affordable; all the ingredients of the products are listed, so that that you can be sure of what you are purchasing (very fair policy!); cruelty free, as they're all mineral cosmetics, and they ship all over the world!


6 comments:

  1. wow that looks gorgeous! the purple liner is hot!! and he gold really suits your skintone. love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how thorough your review is! I am testing these out as well.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both :)

    @Michelle: I am really curious to read what you think of it now...ehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a sultry look! <3 Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this review! I love what they say, vs what you think. Very good points! Love it!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete