Disclaimer * Note Legali

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Illamasqua Art of Darkness - reviews of Ether Powdered Metal, Scarab Nail Varnish, Precision Ink in Alchemy

Weeks ago, I was sent some pieces from the Art of Darkness collection by Illamasqua.
Now while I had time to try everything properly before I wrote a review, I haven't got the time to do proper swatches apart from the Precision Ink Liner ones.

The pieces came into a gorgeous blue satin pouch, with all the astonishing imagery from the collection and a lovely note from the also lovely Alex (who has a wonderful handwriting, by the way. Yes, I'm a handwriting maniac, in case you didn't know).
I received the Powdered Metal in Ether, the Nail Varnish in Scarab, and the well-known Precision Ink in Alchemy.
Apart from the Precision Ink liner, all the pieces from the collection come in a double box: the regular box and another "wrapping" box with a cute little yellow and green scarab in the middle, which is peculiar to the collection.
1. POWDERED METAL IN ETHER - £ 22,00
I have already talked about this kind of product, because I have Thalia version. A finely milled powder that you can apply both on your face and body. I personally use this as a highlighter on the cheekbones, eyebrow, inner corner of the eyes, and sometimes on the cupid bow.
Ether is a pale yellowish gold shade that will complement that can also be used as a subtle hint of color on your eye lids.
What I love about it is its versatility: apart from the uses that I have described, you can also use it on a red or purplish lipstick (preferably at the center of your lips) or on your nail varnish. Yes, you read that. on Friday, when I'm off of work, I'm going to show you a swatch of Scarab + Ether :) stay tuned!
The product is a bit on the pricey side (but all Illamasqua's products are, so that's no news) but definitely worth it, especially when the jar contains 15 grams of powder, which will literally last you for ages.


2. NAIL VARNISH IN SCARAB - £ 13,00
This is my first Illamasqua nail varnish, a much awaited one. Everybody talks about their nail varnishes!
This shade in particular, I found really nice. It is a deep ruby red with a metallic finish, but it also has as slight iridescence when you don't wear a topcoat on it...If you click on the photo above, you may be able to see it. Where the sun hits the varnish, it has some greenish-yellow iridescence. Nice!
Also, one thing that has hit me about it is that even when it dries (and it dries out quickly!) it looks as if it were some sort of liquid pigment you could dip yourself into. Wow!
A bit of disappointment comes when your tips starts wearing off in just 1 or 2 days without a topcoat. But that's my only gripe. Other than that, I really love Scarab and I have been sporting it a lot at work!


3. PRECISION INK LINER - £ 16.50
I do not usually wear liquid liners, let alone a golden one. It is something I would only wear on special occasions or nights out, or costume parties.
However, I can state that this liner is absolutely amazing. A pure gold color and it is REALLY water resistant. You will need a make-up remover with this, because it won't smudge at all!
The applicator is also nice. It is not flimpsy, yet it is very delicate and allows you to create both fine and thick lines.
I'm sorry I don't sound head over heels in love with it, but KIKO brought the same product way before Illamasqua, therefore it is not innovative to me. However, if you don't live in Italy and you had no access to the KIKO Sun Essential Limited Edition collection, then you'll fall in love with the Precision Ink Liner, definitely.
I really look forward to trying the black version, which seems to be as glossy as this golden one. I am sure I can fall in love with it, considering the quality of the product :)

So stay tuned for my swatches gallery coming on Friday ok? :) 

If you want to see more products from the collection, or want to purchase them, follow this link:http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/catalogue/collections/art-of-darkness/




*disclaimer: products sent by PR for reviewing consideration*

4 comments:

  1. Davvero chic il sacchetto blu! Illamasqua ha dei packaging davvero belli per i suoi prodotti!
    La forma degli ombretti mono mi ha sempre affascinata!
    Il colore dello smalto è molto particolare, anche la cipria dev'essere interessante, peccato come al solito per i loro prezzi :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Illamasqua! This stuff looks amazing.

    I'm running a giveaway of Illamasqua and MAC if you fancy entering:)

    Freya
    xxxo
    http://sayyourrightwords.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the review Lyd! Lo smalto e il precision ink li ho acquistati e sono fenomenali *-*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao Lidia! da Debenhams a Londra ho comprato due pezzi di questa collezione: lo smalto VIRIDIAN e il PURE PIGMENT ORE.... favolosi!!! Lo smalto poi è uno spettacolo davvero!! Se ti va, trovi gli swatch sul mio blog http://thediariesofmybc.blogspot.com!
    Bacioni!!

    ReplyDelete